The electronic circuit breaker type ESS31-T is the first track-mountable device to combine the benefits of a mechanical circuit breaker with electronic overcurrent protection. Thus it is the only track-mountable electronic circuit breaker for equipment protection which fully meets the requirements of the national and international standards. International approvals ensure planning reliability:
Type ESS31-T is the first mechatronic circuit breaker for rail mounting which has universally been approved. Around the globe it ensures certified protection of equipment in a control cabinet and of components in the field without having to change anything about the electrical design.
- Approved to UL 1077 as a "Supplementary Protector" for the North American market
- Approved to EN / IEC 60934 for Europe and the rest of the world
Deliveries to North America:
Important information for all manufacturers delivering their machinery and systems from Europe to North America. Use of UL-approved components is imperative according to UL508A. Typical applications:
DC24V applications in car production, chemical industry, oil and gas industry, power plants, mechanical engineering, pharmaceutical and foodstuffs industry, steel production, automation.and process control The benefits of ESS31-T at a glance:
- International approvals ensure planning reliability
- Small, compact, track-mountable
- Ease of protection design with active current limitation helps to save time in the planning stage
- Enhanced system availability because only the faulty path will be disconnected in the event of a failure, the control voltage will remain stable
- Ease of trouble-shooting: no residual current, no residual voltage, no feedback possible - Off is off is off.